Saturday, April 09, 2005

bought the yarn and beads!

I guess I'm sort of swaying to the right or left of center here. Couldn't find exactly what I wanted. My idea was to do the dress in a tan color cotton and some turqouise beads. Since I couldn't find a Girlfriend-friendly tan color, I opted for a variegated cotton/nylon ribbon yarn in some wild purples and some blue beads.

I love all the stuff you guys have done so far. This is a neat little pattern, isn't it? So many variations we can do, too!
crumpetyarn

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger shetha said...

I found a bunch of berroco suede on sale at a local shop recently in tan. It's not cotton, though, I think it's nylon. I believe it's machine washable and dryable though... and it would definitely offset some turqoise beads nicely. It was 50% off at around $4.97 a ball... I would go and get it except I'm already on my second crumpets and people would begin to think I was obsessed with this pattern. (well - they wouldn't be far off!) In any event -- your yarn and beads are gorgeous and I Can't wait to see how they work up!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger leah said...

Ooh, I'm going to be doing mine in a veriegated yarn as well... I cannot wait to see how yours turns out. What a lovely colorway!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I only have an inch or so done...it is really pretty. The thing is, you can't really see the beads in it with all the colors. I'm enjoying it anyway and I think I'll definitely be adding some elastic as the cotton/nylon isn't too stretchy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home