Monday, April 11, 2005

Getting Started


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Hi ya'll. I bought some really pretty Cotton Fleece in Terracotta and made it through the picot cast-on. It' not as hard as it looks. But some advise for those of you who have never done a beading project before, like me....thread your beads before you cast on! I didn't and now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I guess I will just cut the yarn after row 2, string the beads and then rejoin the yarn...just another end to sew in at the finish. But I am still having fun and that's all that matters.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger shetha said...

I love the earthiness of that color. If I recall correctly, cotton fleece has to be hand washed, right? I thought about getting some for this project but as a mama I know I like the stuff that can just be thrown in the washer hehe. Can't wait to see how the fabric and beads look in this color... it's just lovely there in the bowl.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger KD said...

Shetha, Cotton Fleece does have to be hand washed. I don't have kids, so I don't worry about things like that like I should. But my logic was that with the beads, you would probably want to hand wash it anyway....???

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Trish said...

Thanks for the tip, I should be getting the yarn to start mine soon and I totally would not have known that.

Your yarn is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home