Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Slowly but surely...

Okay, I'm working on 3 projects right now and Crumpets is the one I pick up for mindless knitting. I do really want to get it done, but the other two projects are actually time sensitive. I suppose I could argue that this one is too though (since by the time I get it finished my Itty Bitty may have already outgrown it!).

At the top, I actually cast on double the no. of stitches called for, then K2Tog all the way around the next row. For the bodice I used Cascade Fixation Effects and for the skirt I'm using Rowan All Seasons Cotton.

Since I used the Fixation I omitted the eyelets for the lace and instead I plan on knitting a flower in the Fixation to attach to the skirt as a decorative feature. I also don't think I"m going to make it quite as long as the pattern calls for because Itty is crawling, not walking. A skirt that is too long would just make things difficult for her so instead I'll make a pair of diaper covers out of the Fixation as well.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Ooooooh! Love the way it turns out using Fixation!!!! I have about 10 balls hanging around so guess who's going to get one? I think it looks great!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That looks cool! I wonder why mine curls so much at the top...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home