Friday, April 08, 2005

Very Excited to Be a Part of this Knit-Along!

Hi guys, so happy to be a part of this knit-along! I will shop for my yarn tomorrow and was thinking of using GGH Somoa...or maybe All Seasons Cotton. I do have some leftover skeins of yellow Cotton-Ease in my stash, but I want something new.

I think I will do the beading, but make it a little top instead of a dress....is that okay with everyone? My daughter is super active and she'll get a lot more use of it if it is short.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress and will also show progress on my blog. I just love this pattern. Another thought: I could also do it in something stretchy like Cascade Fixation and not put straps on it....for us grown-ups. Sounds cool, huh? (sans the beads)

7 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

I actually thought I might make a grown up version in a top for myself! Wouldn't that be cute?
I'll look forward to seeing yours as a top.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

oh, heh, guess I skimmed that last paragraph. ;)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

hey, there's an idea, let's make them for ourselves, too, or our younger/thinner/more beautiful/younger sisters (if it applies)...whatever is best! (but let's not talk about mother/daughter outfits, please.)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

ha, yeah, no matchy-matchies, thanks! And I AM the youngest, thinnest sister, haha! However, I lack the rack necessary to pull off the look, methinks.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

get yourself a wonderbra, carole!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger leah said...

I think it's a great idea to make it short!

I'm actually doing mine in Cascade Fixation... If I can ever figure out how to post to this blog I'll show you :)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Leah, I can't wait to hear how it's going for you in Fixation. I was thinking of doing a short one for myself (undbeaded) in the fixation....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home