Monday, June 13, 2005

Done!



So cute!

Here's the stats - six-month size, Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Lilac. I used a little over the two skeins required, probably due to the fact that I had several knots in the first skein that I had to deal with, and I lost some yardage there. I used size 5 Addi Turbos - started the bodice on 16" circulars and switched to 32" circs at the waist. I crocheted shoulder straps in two parts so they can be adjusted at the shoulder.

I enjoyed the pattern but not the yarn so much. I know the washability factor has made it a favorite with many knitters but I found it a wee bit splitty and heavy, and those knots were really annoying. I'll make the pattern again in different yarn.

I love the smocked effect! That was a fun stitch to do. The crochet at the bottom was a bit of a challenge for me but once I figured out what the heck I was doing I finished it up quickly.

I do have ribbon for it - matching lilac organza. I left it at work, but hopefully I'll get a picture of it with the ribbon before I give it to little Charlotte's dad.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Trish said...

It looks great! I am still plugging along at a size 6 dress, which I may finish before Christmas, LOL. I look forward to making a smaller size in the distant future but will never again make it in a 6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home