Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My crumpets #1

Hello, folks! I'm Shetha, from Portland, and Carole was kind enough to let me be a part of this blog! I'm currently in the process of binding off my first crumpets, which I'm working in the 1 year size for a little girl who was born last Oct. Yes, she's only about to be 6 months old but mama's milk is working its magic! Anyway, for a few more specifics about my first crumpets:
  • I'm not using beads... she's too young to carry glass around. I have purchased beads for my second one.
  • I used the picot cast on that I found in the Miss Dashwood pattern in knitty
  • I am horrible at crochet and it hurts my hand so I'm also doing the picot cast off, which can be found buried in the directions for the Eyelet Skirt pattern, also on knitty.
  • Instead of Lion Brand Cotton Ease, I am using an olive-y green color of TLC Cotton Plus, which is so very soft. I got gauge with this yarn on size 6 needles.
  • I plan on using the elastic for the bodice *and* crocheting straps *and* making a matching diaper cover, just to be "lady-like".
I'll outline the plan for the second one after I finish the first one (which will be later this week). For now, here was my progress as of Sunday night:


Oh and just a scandalous note... I was searching for a diaper cover pattern and it led me here:
Little Turtle Knits patterns
Not nearly as cute, really. But a little curious, just the same...

5 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

omg!! I can't believe that.
You should email that link to chiagu and to the designer.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger shetha said...

I honestly think it's a coincidence. I've designed something once and then gone on knitty and found something nearly exactly the same. They are different patterns in several ways, and I think crumpets is cuter, personally.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

you are probably right. strange though!
Your crumpets looks great so far! I'm using the picot cast-on you recommended-- thanks!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cupboard Love said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I can't wait to see it with the matching diaper color. That color is really lovely! It's a great design, isn't it?

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Just wanted to clear up any confusion before it gets out of hand, but my design was published quite a bit before crumpets was. Just proof that there really is nothing new under the sun, I think ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home