My crumpets #1
Hello, folks! I'm Shetha, from Portland, and Carole was kind enough to let me be a part of this blog! I'm currently in the process of binding off my first crumpets, which I'm working in the 1 year size for a little girl who was born last Oct. Yes, she's only about to be 6 months old but mama's milk is working its magic! Anyway, for a few more specifics about my first crumpets:
- I'm not using beads... she's too young to carry glass around. I have purchased beads for my second one.
- I used the picot cast on that I found in the Miss Dashwood pattern in knitty
- I am horrible at crochet and it hurts my hand so I'm also doing the picot cast off, which can be found buried in the directions for the Eyelet Skirt pattern, also on knitty.
- Instead of Lion Brand Cotton Ease, I am using an olive-y green color of TLC Cotton Plus, which is so very soft. I got gauge with this yarn on size 6 needles.
- I plan on using the elastic for the bodice *and* crocheting straps *and* making a matching diaper cover, just to be "lady-like".
Oh and just a scandalous note... I was searching for a diaper cover pattern and it led me here:
Little Turtle Knits patterns
Not nearly as cute, really. But a little curious, just the same...