I can see the finish line from here...
After running into a minor disaster with my crumpets, I'm almost done. Nearing the end of the skirt, I discovered that I did not have enough cotton to finish. Eeeeek! And I couldn't even find the color online anywhere (apparently, it had been discontinued), so I made a bold move, and decided to mix it up a little.
Here's a picture of the wee dress on my blocking board. As you can see, I ended up finished it using a variegated ribbon yarn (the name currently escapes me), and I really like the way it turned out!
I'm wetblocking the dickens out of it, and pinning it within an inch of its life because I found that the different textures of the two yarns encouraged curling.
I also added a border of the same ribbon yarn to the top, and decided to make the straps and waist ribbon out of the same.
So, hopefully by tomorrow, all will be blocked and dry, and I can weave in the ends and attach the straps. Then, all willing, I'll be able to post pics of my wee model, Abby, wearing it!