Thursday, April 07, 2005

I can see the finish line from here...

After running into a minor disaster with my crumpets, I'm almost done. Nearing the end of the skirt, I discovered that I did not have enough cotton to finish. Eeeeek! And I couldn't even find the color online anywhere (apparently, it had been discontinued), so I made a bold move, and decided to mix it up a little.

Here's a picture of the wee dress on my blocking board. As you can see, I ended up finished it using a variegated ribbon yarn (the name currently escapes me), and I really like the way it turned out!



I'm wetblocking the dickens out of it, and pinning it within an inch of its life because I found that the different textures of the two yarns encouraged curling.



I also added a border of the same ribbon yarn to the top, and decided to make the straps and waist ribbon out of the same.



So, hopefully by tomorrow, all will be blocked and dry, and I can weave in the ends and attach the straps. Then, all willing, I'll be able to post pics of my wee model, Abby, wearing it!

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger shetha said...

It's BEAUTIFUL!! I love the vatiegated ribbon -- makes it feel so summery, and the way the color pooling worked out, it almost looks woven. Your tension is very even! The trim on the top and the tie in the same yarn is ingenious. I've finished mine but I'm waiting to complete the matching diaper cover before I take pics. Only 18 more rows to go, and then some grafting. I might publish this pattern because it isn't like any of the others I've seen (for diaper covers)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

wow, that looks wonderful!!
I can't tell if you did the beading or not?

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Cupboard Love said...

No beading. The little girl for whom I made this likes to pull beads off clothing, so it was decided to go bead-free. I would like to make one with beads. I'm tempted to mock up an adult sized summer top from this pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home