Friday, April 08, 2005

Crumpets V1

Stats:
Size 1 yr
No beading
Sub yarn: TLC Cotton Plus
Picot Cast on
Picot Cast off
Elastic insert
Crocheted tie straps

Other things to note:
I added fray-check to keep the delicate ribbon from fraying (I hope this works!)
I made a matching diaper cover with leftover yarn

Here are the pics:


For more you can view my blog entry about it here.

My next one is in lavender size 2 yrs with the beads already strung. If you guys need to know how I strung them -- I can write up a little tutorial. It worked surprisingly well! I'm a bit afraid I didn't string enough of them, though. Also, I dug up an old (ripped) tulle skirt in my closet that matches the yarn. It's all I can do not to make two skirts for this one... interchangeable knit and tulle skirts. It would be a dress-up dream!

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger artemis9976 said...

I for one would be interested in knowing how you strung the beads, as I will be doing that tonight when I get off work

TIA!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That looks so awesome! I can't wait to get mine fully underway.
Another q for you-- when you SL, are you literally just slipping those sticthes (purlwise, I presume), then knitting the next stitch? It seemed like my next row was going to be awfully strange to knit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home