Thursday, July 14, 2005

edging

A couple of people have asked me to post directions to make the edging I used on my dress. here goes!

First let me note that the pattern is meant for a (multiple of 6 plus 3) but that I just fudged it, as I always do. I find crochet very forgiving in that way. If you do not have the right number of cast off stitches on the bottom, you can figure it out as you get to the end of the row and just decrease or increase as needed. I believe the size 2 works out just right anyhow, and yours probably will too.

Multiple of 6 plus 3

row 1: (with RS of dress facing you) attach new yarn if needed and hdc in each bound off stitch as if it were a chain (under both loops).

row 2: 3ch (counts as 1 dc), skip 1st hdc, 1dc into next hdc. * 1ch, skip 1 hdc, 1dc into each of next 2 hdc; repeat from *

row 3: 5ch (counts as 1dc, 2ch), 1sc into next chain-space, * 4ch, 1sc into next chain-space; repeat from * to last 2 stitches, 2ch, 1dc into 3rd of 3ch at beginning of previous row

row 4: 1ch, 1sc into first dc, *work 5dc into next 4ch-space, 1 sc into next 4ch-space; repeat from * to end, placing last sc into 3rd of 5ch at beginning of previous row. fasten off.

When you block the dress, it will lie flat with this edging.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger jackie said...

thanks so much for this! I am making a top like wendy did, and i want to make some lace edging for a little pair of matching jeans. this is PERFECT!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger jackie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home