Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Intro

Hello everyone!

My name is Debra and I just joined the knit-a-long. I hope I am not too late. Has everyone finished the dress already. Im a relatively new knitter but feel ready to take on the pattern. I've stared at it for about a month now, its sort of hard to take the leap forward and pick up the needles.

I've decided (I think) to use http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420122 for a size 6 dress. I dont know how to adjust for differnt yarns/needle sizes. Has anyone used this yarn who can guide me a bit. Any insight you can offer would be fabulous!

Thanks so much!

5 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Trishy said...

I'm still working on my dress, also a size 6. The skirt is taking me forever. Your yarn choice looks very nice. What color were you going to use? Are you going to use beads or not?

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger PnP said...

Thanks Trish! My little recipient requested "cherry". She's actually a size 4 but, not only am I planning for the time it will take me to get it done, but for shrinkage. I just know it'll end up in the dryer some how. All that time making it and it could be doll clothes in an instant ;-)

I just need help with figuring out all the specifics to use with the yarn. Then I will get going.

What color is yours?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger shetha said...

I have just finished knitting a tank top in Shine and I've heard that the cherry color is more coral than fire-engine red... just FYI. I've also made 2 crumpets dresses but it's been so long I feel like I barely remember the pattern! Best of luck... it will be gorgeous in that soft yarn.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

I'm knitting it size 4 and it's taking me ages, too. However, lately I've ony had about two hours/ week to knit!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Trishy said...

Sorry I only check in here when I am knitting the dress, which shows how often I pick it up. I am using Lily Elite cotton in Rose with faux pearl beads. We will actually be taking a trip over the weekend with 2 6 hour car rides so I am hoping that the baby cooperates and I can get a lot of knitting done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home