Wednesday, June 01, 2005

finished Crumpets dress

I have finished! I knit this with Filatura diCrosa yarn called Brilla, in color 834. It is a smaller gauge, but I knit too loose so it worked out. I made the size 2, but I think I made it a bit longer. I made a couple of changes; I did not string beads on despite spending $20 on lovely beads because I simply forgot. No excuse, really since this was my second try! The first cast on was too loose, so I started again on a smaller needle (4) and I omitted the picot edge. I used a crochet edging from the Harmony guide which I will post if anyone is interested. I also made thicker straps: ch2, sc, then sc in the upper horizontal loop of that sc until I had a length I wanted. I cross the straps in the back. The dress was very heavy when completed, but adding one layer of elastic to the top of the bodice helped greatly. At some point I will add a few more elastic rounds. As you can see from the picture, it has a lot of drape.


that is my daughter, with almond butter butter on her face :^) she adores this dress to the point that I have had to hide it (!)

More photos on my FO gallery.

Michelle

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger strangelittlemama said...

That looks great-- love the color!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Pamelamama said...

That makes me want to cry!!! lovely!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger jackie said...

hey michelle, would you mind posting the pattern you used for the bottom edging? i want to put a lace edging on some jeans to match the top i am making, and i think that lacy strip would be just perfect! thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home