Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ta Dah! (X2)

Well I finally finished the second crumpets and I have photos to share:


This crumpets is for a friend's little girl who will turn 2 on May 1. It's in the 2 yr size and I did the normal cast on and bind off, with the crochet trim. I used TLC cotton plus again (which I love for this project) and I did the beading. It turned out that I needed 225 beads instead of the stated approx 113. That was mainly because I did 9 repeats of the beaded row and each one needed 25 beads. I typically got a guage of 1/2-in per 5-8 repeat... so to get 4 inches I had to do at least 8.

Anyway enough of the technical stuff. I probably won't make another one real soon but I do see myself using this pattern again. Maybe scale it down a bit to a 3 mo size and add lace to the hem for a christening gown? Add a baby bolero? Wouldn't that be the cutest...

This pattern is so beautiful and so versatile. Libby is a genious!

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger jackie said...

wow--that looks GREAT! i can't believe you have made two already! i love this color and the beads look so sparkly! i am still hoping to get started with mine this week, although it's not looking like time is on my side. so anxious to get going!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger artemis9976 said...

hey how did you get the bottom to stop curling? i spray-blocked mine and it's curling back up again (though not as badly)

i'm blaming the humidity, not my knitting/crocheting ;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger shetha said...

I got the bottom to not curl by steam blocking it with the iron. I used an ironing cloth (piece of muslin) between the iron and the yarn. This may not work for your piece if you used a different yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home