Saturday, April 16, 2005

phew!

I finally got through the first 8 rows! Loooove how it's coming out! I gave up and switched to a 29" needle, because stretching the stitches over the 36" was driving me crazy. It's cool to see how it all comes together after the first set of the repeats.
How's everyone else doing?

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger leah said...

I've still got another inch to go on the bodice but I am LOVING this pattern. I know I need to post a picture, I'll try really hard to find the time to do so tonight... I did a little something different for the frill on the top and would love some feedback.

I also ended up going down to 24" circs and find the pattern MUCH more enjoyable now. I'm hoping tonight I can get to the skirt :)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger KD said...

I have had a really tough time getting started on this, but now I think everything is coming together. I tried knitting on brand new 36" clover needles and because they were soooo kinky I ended up twisting it when I joined the CO. Ugghhh! And I didn't figure it out until I had completed several rows. SO, I finally ripped it all out and started over. Plus, I also switched to 24" metal needles and I am much happier!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger laurelann said...

I honestly think that the 36" is a typo in the pattern! I'm making the six month size which is 17" around - there's no way the bodice will work on a 36" needle. I'm using a 16" for the bodice and will switch to a longer needle when I get to the skirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home